Wednesday, November 28, 2012

thankful...

We are nearing the end of November already and as November is known for Thanksgiving and being thankful and having gratitude, I figure it'd be good to post something about that topic.  :)
On Facebook, I'm sure your feed has been similar to mine, full of people posting each day something they are thankful for.  I love that, even if only for a month, people are more aware of the things that they are thankful for, for the blessings in their life whether big or small. 

Here is a list of things, in no particular order, that today I am thankful for:

I am thankful for Jesus, that as we begin to celebrate His birth it is a reminder of His love and sacrifice for us.  I'm am thankful that He gave His life for me, and because of it my life will never be the same!

I am thankful for life!!  I just celebrated my birthday, and I am thankful for the years of living I have had.  Yep, there's been a lot of tough times, but I've done a lot of living, experienced and been to a lot of places, and my life has been full of amazing people people.

I am thankful for my husband of just over 2 years.  Three years ago we were just dating and I had no clue as to how much my life would change in such a short amount of time.  I am thankful that God brought Joe into my life in His perfect timing, and I couldn't imagine doing life without him...good times and bad.

I am thankful for my daughters.  Isabella, who keeps me on my toes and wears me out, but brings such joy and amazement to my life.  And Zoe, who moves around inside of me, pushing into anything she can...knowing that there is new life inside of me and that she too will bring a joy that only she can bring into the world. 

I am thankful for family.  My amazing parents, my extended family, my husband's family, my church family and those that have become family throughout the years.  Thankful for the love, support, encouragement, and memories we have. 

I am thankful for God's provision.  I don't always understand it.  And it definitely doesn't always come on my time frame.  And it typically doesn't look the way I think it should.  But God is always faithful and always takes care of me.

I am thankful to live a blessed life...I have a nice place to call home, a comfy bed, food in my refrigerator and cabinets, a car to drive, I could go on.  I may not have the nicest of things or the fanciest of toys, but I'm not lacking the things that make life worth living.  I am surrounded by amazing people, live in a country full of opportunity, and most importantly have a God who loves me.

I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to live in multiple states and countries...and that I get to live outside of the country again in the near future!! 

I am thankful for the call of God on my families life.  I am excited that through that call my children will have the opportunity to experience the world, even at a young age. 

I am thankful for coffee.  And tea.  Life just wouldn't be as good without them.

I am thankful my camera, and the memories it let's me capture.

I am thankful for my amazing doctor and the hospital where I will be giving birth to my daughter.

I am thankful for air conditioning, especially living in the desert of Arizona, where it is still 80's out in November (seriously, it's ridiculous...I would really appreciate it if it would cool down outside.)

I am thankful that I am due in January and not July...I really don't know how I'd handle the heat then!

I am thankful for heat when it does get cold in the winter.

Today, I am thankful.  And blessed.  And my prayer is that I will keep a thankful heart year round, not just one month out of the year.

Psalm 100 ~
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness! Come before His presence with singing!
Know (perceive, recognize, and understand with approval) that the Lord is God! It is He Who has made us, not we ourselves [and we are His]! We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and a thank offering and into His courts with praise! Be thankful and say so to Him, bless and affectionately praise His name!
For the Lord is good; His mercy and loving-kindness are everlasting, His faithfulness and truth endure to all generations.

No comments: