Thursday, August 9, 2012

a lesson from a 14 month old...

My 14 month old has finally begun her journey towards walking.  Some days she takes 4 or 5 steps and the next day she won't take a single step.  Until Tuesday.  Tuesday she was a determined little girl.  She would take 3 steps, fall, get back up, and repeat.  All day long!  It was so much fun to watch (and a little sad seeing my little girl growing up way to fast!).  I happened to catch her on video, and the clip I got really inspired me.  She would take some steps, fall, get up, take some more steps, fall, get up, take some more steps, fall, rest.  That's where I stopped the clip, and within a few moments, she was up again trying to wander the apartment.

Life happens.  We stumble, fall, bad things happen.  But we need to keep getting back up.  We need to keep going.  I need to keep going.  But I also need to rest.  Rest is good.  Rest is needed to keep going.


I hope my little girl inspires you like she inspires me.  :)

No comments: